Over the past 2 decades, there has been a dramatic shift of cosmetic shopping from mainly being done offline (in-store) to a digital format. These days, shoppers are more connected digitally and brands are definitely taking notice of this trend. As there is a change in consumer expectations, shoppers have started focusing on getting their makeup products delivered in the fastest way. With the popularity of online e-commerce makeup one-stop destinations like www.mixtrade.co.il, shopping online has become much less fussier. Let’s take a quick look at the pros of each form of shopping – online and offline.
In-store cosmetic shopping – The pros
- Buying cosmetic products in-store will remain a good experience as this connects the shoppers with the brands in such a manner that is perhaps not possible for an online store.
- There are many who leverage in-store retail shopping as an opportunity to bond with friends and family.
- Shoppers get their products instantly and can take them home right away.
- It is possible to test each and every cosmetic product before buying. For lipstick shades, nailpolish colors, you can check them out before buying and make sure you are happy with how the shade or color looks on you.
- There are experts who specialise in various brands and who give their expert opinion on the products.
In-store cosmetic shopping – The cons
- You don’t get reviews of other customers which is possible while shopping online.
- There are many customers who just test the products in-store only to end up buying from online stores later.
- It is pretty common for shoppers to overspend and buy several other extra items than what you actually intended to buy.
Online cosmetic shopping – The pros
- The biggest possible appeal of online cosmetic shopping is the fact that it can be done from any place, whether from your home or on-the-go.
- Customers can remain way more informed as they get to read reviews of other customers and it is also possible to compare products by checking out reviews.
- Young generation shoppers are influenced by social influencers and online reviews. Brands can later on collaborate with these youngster influencers.
- Due to the online offers, you get to choose from a wide range of brands and this also proves to be helpful for the novice brands.
- You get to grab rebates and deals which can help you buy products at a rather cheaper rate.
Online cosmetic shopping – The cons
- You don’t get the opportunity to test products on your skin before you buy. Among the plethora of colors, you might get overwhelmed to find out the best match.
- Customers sometimes miss the physical aspect of shopping in-store.
To conclude, you can see that both in-store and online cosmetic shopping has its own set of pros and cons. However it depends on you as to which one to choose while buying your favorite cosmetic product.